Thursday, 8 September 2011

hits me like a ton of bricks

Here are some things that can hit me like a ton of bricks and make my mind reel:

1. September. It's only been 7 days so far, but already I've messed up and triple-booked one evening. Where are you, dog-days of summer??? I miss you already.

2. That time of the month.

3. Winter. I sigh contentedly as I sip hot chocolate on a cozy evening by the fire, while watching the flakes softly falling. Then the next morning I have to shovel.

4. How big my kids are already. How they teach me so much.

5. Paper. Especially the paper that comes home in September. I'm so proud of myself for throwing so much of it away today - not even wondering if I'll need it someday. Just tossing. I've come a long way. (sometimes)

oh paper, how do I not love thee?
let me count the ways...

2 comments:

  1. I love paper too. This month I've actually dedicated to shredding and recycling. I seem to keep everything from newspapers, to debit receipts, but I am freeing myself from it. The only thing I haven't been able to part with or decide what to do with is the kids school stuff. I've thought about making a scrapbook for each year, but a thought isn't much good without the action! Sigh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of dedicating a month to shredding and recycling. Maybe I'll try that too! I need to be freed from paper too, Pam. Drives me a bit crazy. I piled all of mine up in the main hallway in our basement. No more hiding it anymore. I want it there until it's gone. The other day, I found myself wishing that a fire would come (just in that hallway) and burn it all up. Guess it's not so precious if these are the thoughts I'm having!

    ReplyDelete