Monday, 19 September 2011

get outside

at Laurel Creek Conservation Area
There is nothing better than an almost-fall day. Cool morning, warm noon, capris or skirt with sweater on top. Colours starting to change in the trees. Lovely.

Getting outside is so good for me. It helps me get out of my mind, which is a very good thing.

Mr. Twisty tree at Crawford Lake Conservation Area
rocky forest at Crawford Lake
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." 
- Anne Frank, February 23, 1944

2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen, Anne!!! ~Mush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mush: I'm curious to know where Anne was when she wrote this. But there's a good chance that she was in hiding. So perhaps she didn't get outside very often. It strikes me that many of us are in hiding in our own homes, and don't get outside very often - for no good reason. Perhaps we're on our computers too much! :)

    ReplyDelete