Thursday, 15 September 2011

clouds

I am tired.

I mentioned last week how September can just knock the wind right out of me, and it's still kicking my butt. The score is: September - 15; Rebecca - 0. I'm ready to sleep by 5 pm.

But my solace in these busy days have been the clouds. And remembering to notice and enjoy them, even if for just a moment.






I thank you God for this most amazing day, 
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, 
and for the blue dream of sky 
and for everything which is natural, 
which is infinite, 
which is yes.  
~e.e. cummings


The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Me, too--the clouds! You have nothing over me when it comes to being kicked in the butt, though. I had a total hip joint replacement August 17 and that was a real slash in the butt. Have understandably been indoors a lot. Yesterday, coming home from pool therapy, I marveled at the clouds above those West Virginia hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have me beat in the butt-kicking category, Linda.

    ReplyDelete