2. Cold showers are a very, very good thing.
3. Chickens and goats and cows can live in the city and don't need to be in a pen.
4. Life can go on very well here without electricity when people don't depend on it to heat or cool their homes or for making their food. It is now a surprise when we have power for a full 24 hours.
5. You don't need a big vehicle to transport a fridge. All you need is a motorcycle.
6. Traffic can go on without traffic lights.
7. You don't need toilet paper to go to the bathroom.
8. Houses can be built by the people, not by a construction company, made with things that they find around them.
9. Kids don't need to be fully dressed to be out in public.
10. You don't need a pickup truck to take a table somewhere. All you need is a motorcycle. Same with a TV.
11. Arriving home safely deserves a "thank you, God" for safety on the roads.
12. Solid stools are a good thing.
13. French is very similar to Spanish. French is very different from Spanish. (that was Derek's observation) :)
14. You don't need a huge house or a nice dish set to offer genuine hospitality.
15. People stare at you if you don't dance in church.
|people dancing as they bring offering to the front of the church|
|we were placed on the stage in a place of honour, |
where everyone could see every move we did or didn't make during the service
|after church yesterday|
17. You can carry lots of things on your head. You don't need a car to take heavy loads home. All you need is your head.