Thursday, 24 November 2011

wonderfully made

When we took down the wasp nest in our front yard, we took the opportunity to examine it. We opened it up, waking up the wasps that were sleeping or hibernating.

It was amazing inside - like an apartment building with 4 different levels, all connected together. Each little hexagon inside, carefully and meticulously constructed. And then protected by this amazing paper in layer after layer around the whole building. We looked at it for quite some time, in awe.





It made me think about the detail in creation, and the detail in each of us. Incredible. How can I look at this construction, and see the tiny insect builders, and not believe in miracles? I can't.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment