I was so absorbed with the fair on Sunday, that I didn't take much time to pause and think about what I'm thankful for this year. So I'm doing it now. What a perfect, perfect Thanksgiving weekend it was: sunny, warm enough for shorts, and colourful leaves all around. I felt like the thankfulness was bubbling up inside of me all weekend, and now it's about to overflow:
* for colour, for another beautiful autumn.
* for family: for a stronger marriage, and 3 beautiful girls to share life with this year.
* for new experiences that stretch and form us - our latest: hosting a teenage daughter from Afghanistan.
* to live in a place where I don't fear for my life or my family's lives.
* for creative, fulfilling work.
* for a house, even if it's not my dream home. It's a home, which is more than many have.
* for time to think and read and worship and write.
* for friends.
* for inspiration from others.
* for more than enough: food, time, money, love.
* for the moving of the spirit that gives life.