Wednesday, 12 October 2011

thanksgivings

I was so absorbed with the fair on Sunday, that I didn't take much time to pause and think about what I'm thankful for this year. So I'm doing it now. What a perfect, perfect Thanksgiving weekend it was: sunny, warm enough for shorts, and colourful leaves all around. I felt like the thankfulness was bubbling up inside of me all weekend, and now it's about to overflow:

* for colour, for another beautiful autumn.



* for family: for a stronger marriage, and 3 beautiful girls to share life with this year.

* for new experiences that stretch and form us - our latest: hosting a teenage daughter from Afghanistan.

* to live in a place where I don't fear for my life or my family's lives.

* for creative, fulfilling work.

* for a house, even if it's not my dream home. It's a home, which is more than many have.

* for time to think and read and worship and write.

* for friends.

* for inspiration from others.

* for more than enough: food, time, money, love.

* for the moving of the spirit that gives life.

3 comments:

  1. I've been so surrounded by sad news that just keeps coming and trying to figure out how to respond. Thanks for the Thanksgivings--pulling me out of my acorn-like brain and encouraging me to open myself to all the good things around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beauty of a photo. I even know where it was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy: I'm so sorry to hear about the sad news around you. I love how you say "acorn-like brain" - this was me for all of September this year.

    Linda: yes, you do! A beautiful spot on a gorgeous Thanksgiving day. A cherished memory.

    ReplyDelete