This week I decided to start a 30 day cleanse. I started on March 19th, so I'll be done on April 19th. I'm trying to watch what I eat, and I'm taking these herbal pills that help to move things like toxins out of my body. I was a bit wary, especially when I read "headaches, nausea, and diarrhea are quite common as the body gets rid of toxins." Oh great. But I'm committed. But there have been times, already, when I just want to pop something crappy into my mouth, and I long for April 19th to come soon.
We bought a house! A house that we thought was lost to another offer came back to us. We mourned the loss of the house for a good week, and I found it sad to mentally take all of our furniture (which I had placed so well) out of that house in my mind. But after a 2 week roller coaster ride of emotions we got it! I found out at the Winnipeg airport. We're very excited, and we move this July. And it has a hearth!
The fireplace reminds me of my childhood growing up in a gravel pit. I'm not going to change that last sentence, but I'll just clarify: I did not exactly grow up in a gravel pit, but there was one in my back yard, along with swamps and ponds and a maple bush with a sugar shack and fields and large gardens. My rock collection was quite extensive.
So I'm cleansing the house. Packing, sorting, getting rid of stuff. Labeling boxes, imagining our stuff in a new home. Imagining us in a new neighbourhood.
We're aiming to have our house on the market by - guess when - April 19th. I didn't plan for these cleanses to coincide like this, but I think it's really interesting that they did. And in this part of my life, I do not want April 19th to come too soon. We have a lot to do to get the house ready. But while I'm cleansing my insides, I'm cleansing the insides of our house, and hopefully doing some brain de-cluttering as well. I am mindful of what goes in, and although there may be some discomfort, unneeded stuff will come out. I hope.
Bec - that is so wonderful! Congratulations on your new home. I find cleansing hard to do. It's so much easier to stay in my old rut and do the same old things - no matter how bad it is for me. I feel I need to do a cleanse of my spirit but I find that I feed it with the junk I have always fed it with.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about that spiritual cleanse too, Lisa.
DeleteYippee! I just sent you an email and then read this post. Love the visual of the hearth. I am can just imagine you and yours gathered in this area. Love. Happy packing and cleansing and really - let me know if you want some help.
ReplyDeletethanks for the offer, Shauna!
DeleteWhere is the new house. Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteEZ school zone. Thanks!
DeleteSpring cleaning is upon us! Congratulations on your new home - so excited for you!
ReplyDeletethanks, Pam!
DeleteCongratulations! Email when you get a chance. I'm curious to know the details.
ReplyDeleteThanks - I will, Carrie!
Deleteyay for the new house! and i love the coinciding cleanses going on...
ReplyDeletethanks Michelle!
DeleteSo exciting!
ReplyDeletethanks! :)
DeleteCongratulations! So happy for you!!! Where is your new home going to be?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mara. It's in Waterloo - closer to uptown. When you come home next summer you can visit!
DeleteLooks lovely...hoping you can still make it to family camp!
ReplyDelete