1. Nice boots and scarves can spruce up any outfit.
2. Hot drinks are best consumed from real mugs while sitting and visiting with others.
3. Seize the day! We love day trips where we've learned a bit about the area, and want to learn more about our local history in Canada.
|on a Swiss day trip to the Chateau de Chillon|
|on an Ontario day trip to Crawford Lake|
(we LOVE this place!)
5. It is a very, very good feeling to be warmly welcomed to a new area.
6. We like the Canadian education system.
7. Long, relaxed meals are a wonderful thing. So is cheese for dessert.
|cheese dessert plate|
9. It is good to slow down and rest.
10. Time away from internet and TV can be very productive.
11. Public transportation is a very good thing, especially when it is reliable, efficient, and Swiss.
|playing on the dinosaur slide on|
a Swiss train
13. It's refreshing to not be able to go Sunday shopping.
14. It is definitely worth it to buy quality chocolate and cheese.
|sampling chocolates at the |
Cailler chocolate factory