Monday, 2 May 2011

a child's questions

great questions to God in here!
Eden (my 4 almost 5 year old wonder) has been asking LOTS of deep spiritual questions lately. Most to which I have no good answer. I was asked whether Zoe did the same thing, and I thought back to this car ride to my cousin's in Stratford for a little morning trip before school (afternoon kindergarten). She was 4 almost 5 at the time.

It was September 29, 2008. Eden slept in her carseat while Zoe fired the questions: rapid-fire, not much time for answers, but to make sure the questions were heard.

Here were the ones I could remember when I got home:

Are Adam and Eve still alive?
Where did they go when they left the Garden of Eden?
How did they get there?
Why did God make them leave?
Why did Jesus die two times?
Who killed Martin Luther King Jr.?
Why?
Why didn't that killer man want everyone to be equal?
How did he kill him?
What's a gun?
Are guns still around?
Where do people use them?
What's a war?
Why do people fight wars?
Are there still wars?
Where is a war happening now?
Can I have a snack?
How did Mother Teresa die?
Was Martin Luther King Jr. a slave?
Why does God let people have guns and slaves?
Are we almost there?
Why did Nana and Papa die?
When can we see them again?
What happened to their bodies?
Why do we put their bodies in the ground?
Can we write a letter to Martin Luther King Jr.'s sister?
When?
Where is Martin Luther King Jr.'s cemetery?
Why do I have to go to school today?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...those are all good questions! I'm a lot older and I still ask a lot of the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Suzanne. A lot of the time, my "answers" are something like "I wonder that same thing."

    ReplyDelete