Monday, 18 April 2011

one voice

More on my voice theme... I've loved this song for a long while, and the Conrad Grebel gals who starred in the play called "Open?" sang it at the end of the play. It was a wonderful solidarity, we're in this together, kind of empowering piece. Very moving.

The work I've loved best has been collaborative and stronger because of the whole, not just because of one person. But we as individuals are so important too. So the one voice is important, and the many together are potently powerful. One voice + many voices.

Here's the song:



I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything, 
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

-- Edward Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment