Monday, 20 May 2013

Zoe writes: the colossal colosseum

 Hi everyone! Just against my will, I got really bad Jetlag. I was sitting in a restaurant, and
every once in a while, my head flopped back, and I kind of dozed off. Then I popped back up and opened my eyes. That night, I fell asleep at 8:00pm, I was EXHAUSTED. The next day, I woke up at 11:00 am! I was still pretty tired and I didn't want to get out of bed, but I had to
stay awake because we were going to see the Colosseum!



I had gotten a mini Colosseum and was comparing it to the real one, it looked kind of similar. Did you know, it's an optical illusion that makes the Colosseum look circular. It is actually an
oval shape.

It's surprising that the Romans saw killing or attacking people as entertainment. I certainly wouldn't like that! We learned that this is what happened in the Colosseum long ago.

Ciao,
Zoe

5 comments:

  1. Zoe! Love the post... and I could just picture you in the restaurant with your head flopped back sleeping! Keep up the great writing... sounds like you already have the skills of keen observation. I look forward to hearing more! Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alert! Alert! Anouck and Charlotte got the same mini colosseum when they were in Rome. You can have fun this summer comparing your adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post Zoe. We've been thinking about you & your family and wondering what all you're seeing & experiencing. Sounds like Rome was cool - now you're off for your African Adventure! Looking forward to following more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comparison between your mini colosseum and the actual one. Your learning so much about the things your seeing. That's great!
    Great photos on your posts. You guys don't look jetlagged. Are you feeling better now Zoe? Has the jetlag passed? How's Eden doing?
    Aunt Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe! I was so very excited to see that you decided to blog about your adventure and to see photos of you and your family. I find it hard to believe that the Roman's saw killing as a form of entertainment - how very sad. Now people watch movies with killing as a form of entertainment which is similar but different.

    Looking forward to following you on your adventures :) Cheers, Shauna :)

    ReplyDelete