Saturday, 30 March 2013

sock bunnies and other Easter traditions

If you're sitting around today, wondering what to do with some odd socks, I have an idea for you:

make a sock bunny.

Two friends and I spent a marvelous afternoon together several weeks ago. We brought socks, thread, stuffing, stories, and lots of laughter.

I used these instructions to make my sock bunny. Her name is Argyle:



It just took one sock to make her and I thought that I could easily make one of these for each of my nieces and nephews. That was a nice thought.


This craft afternoon all started as a result of a conversation that we had in January, where we ended up laughing uproariously over some of our ideas, like having a sock monkey ministry. But guess what? It's already happening - in Toronto, no less. Take a look! 

My other friends were making sock monkeys from this pattern. Here is one, called Rainbow (clothing included on the second shot):



A blessed Easter to you, whether you make sock animals or not. For us, today will be filled with:

* paska making (Derek's Russian Mennonite heritage)

* egg cheese making (my Swiss Mennonite heritage)

* egg dying (Z+E's secular heritage) :)

* resurrection rolls (maybe those will be saved 'til tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rebecca! A fun memory to recall at this hour :). I love the Easter traditions that you have created and kept alive for your family. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete