Since the first week of Advent is about hope, that's where I'll start.
Dec. 1st: What has given you hope this year?
- hearing from family and friends who work in South Africa - about programs where people work with the most marginalized and inspire them to social action/transformation. I find that incredibly hopeful and inspirational.
- releasing 5 monarch butterflies this summer. Always with a hope and a prayer.
- reading "Do Hard Things" written by 2 youth, and seeing youth around me taking initiative and changing things. Having higher expectations of children and youth gives me hope.
- my children. Constantly a source of hope, they help me to see through new eyes.
- holding chickadees, and other experiences that connect us to the land and to creation.