Wednesday, 21 March 2012

cleansing

This week I decided to start a 30 day cleanse. I started on March 19th, so I'll be done on April 19th. I'm trying to watch what I eat, and I'm taking these herbal pills that help to move things like toxins out of my body. I was a bit wary, especially when I read "headaches, nausea, and diarrhea are quite common as the body gets rid of toxins." Oh great. But I'm committed. But there have been times, already, when I just want to pop something crappy into my mouth, and I long for April 19th to come soon.

We bought a house! A house that we thought was lost to another offer came back to us. We mourned the loss of the house for a good week, and I found it sad to mentally take all of our furniture (which I had placed so well) out of that house in my mind. But after a 2 week roller coaster ride of emotions we got it! I found out at the Winnipeg airport. We're very excited, and we move this July. And it has a hearth!


The fireplace reminds me of my childhood growing up in a gravel pit. I'm not going to change that last sentence, but I'll just clarify: I did not exactly grow up in a gravel pit, but there was one in my back yard, along with swamps and ponds and a maple bush with a sugar shack and fields and large gardens. My rock collection was quite extensive.

So I'm cleansing the house. Packing, sorting, getting rid of stuff. Labeling boxes, imagining our stuff in a new home. Imagining us in a new neighbourhood.

We're aiming to have our house on the market by - guess when - April 19th. I didn't plan for these cleanses to coincide like this, but I think it's really interesting that they did. And in this part of my life, I do not want April 19th to come too soon. We have a lot to do to get the house ready. But while I'm cleansing my insides, I'm cleansing the insides of our house, and hopefully doing some brain de-cluttering as well. I am mindful of what goes in, and although there may be some discomfort, unneeded stuff will come out. I hope.

17 comments:

  1. Bec - that is so wonderful! Congratulations on your new home. I find cleansing hard to do. It's so much easier to stay in my old rut and do the same old things - no matter how bad it is for me. I feel I need to do a cleanse of my spirit but I find that I feed it with the junk I have always fed it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about that spiritual cleanse too, Lisa.

      Delete
  2. Yippee! I just sent you an email and then read this post. Love the visual of the hearth. I am can just imagine you and yours gathered in this area. Love. Happy packing and cleansing and really - let me know if you want some help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the new house. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring cleaning is upon us! Congratulations on your new home - so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Email when you get a chance. I'm curious to know the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for the new house! and i love the coinciding cleanses going on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So happy for you!!! Where is your new home going to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mara. It's in Waterloo - closer to uptown. When you come home next summer you can visit!

      Delete
  8. Looks lovely...hoping you can still make it to family camp!

    ReplyDelete